Intermediate Class Saturday 29th October 2022 9.45am Walton
Further details will be emailed to you upon booking, it is vital you read this email.
Venue: Surrey Dog School, Apps Court Farm, Hurst Road, Walton-On-Thames, KT12 2EG Indoor & Outdoor Facilities
This is a six-week course. Classes will run on the following dates; 29th Oct, 5th Nov, 12th Nov, 19th Nov, 26th Nov, 3rd Dec
Availability: 5 in stock
The course content
Venue: Intermediate Classes run by fully qualified and accredited trainers. Indoor (heated) and outdoor facilities.
Date & Time: Saturday 29th October 2022 at 9.45am. Every Saturday at 9.45am for six weeks – 29th Oct, 5th Nov, 12th Nov, 19th Nov, 26th Nov, 3rd Dec
Address: Surrey Dog School, Apps Court Farm, Hurst Road, Walton-On-Thames, KT12 2EG
Six-week set of practical classes suitable for any age dog who has completed a puppy follow-on class with Surrey Dog School or similar elsewhere and/or meets the criteria set out below. We will be working on the following cues but adding difficulty to each exercise with distance, duration and distractions being added slowly to proof your training in a controlled manner;
- Ensuring you are using marker training effectively, your dog is responding to their name effectively in all environments/situations, using a release cue correctly and rewarding appropriately.
- Sit & Down – Phasing out food/hand lures where appropriate
- Stay/Wait – Differences and when to use which cue
- Recall – Management, games, what to do when it goes wrong! Motivation and rewards
- Walking nicely on a loose lead – Management, motivation and rewards
- Hand Touch – Proofing and purpose
- Leave – Value of item being left, falling item
- Drop – Value of item, different methods
- Send to bed/mat – for you to enjoy a coffee at the cafe or a drink at the pub!
- Emergency stop – Stop your dog mid run!
- Appropriate toy play
- Manners at doorways
- Handling – General handling, vet, groomer etc
- General good manners
- Impulse Control
- How to manage jumping-up
- Management of behaviours
- Certificate & Rosette on completion of class
To teach these exercises takes time, and dedication. You will not be able to achieve the list below by attending six one-hour sessions! Many of our clients repeat the Intermediate Classes as we are able to increase the difficulty for each dog/handler individually and set tasks to work on each week.
We can allow a maximum of 4 handlers per dog. Full details will be emailed to you upon booking, please ensure you read this carefully and contact us if you have any questions. Each class is 50/60 mins long. Classes will take place inside and outside on our training field. Evening classes will take place exclusively indoors over the winter months.
If you and your dog combination miss a class for any reason we will happily send you handouts of the exercises you miss that week.